Thursday, August 14, 2014







Let me introduce myself to you.  
My name is Jenn Froscher and I am the dreamer behind Raptors Roost.  
I started a few years back as a falconer and maybe I should start even farther back with you.  In high school my Biology teacher had a non-releaseable Red Tail Hawk.  Helen was her name and when our class did well on tests we got to watch Helen eat or learn about Helen.  Helen was my first experience with Red Tail Hawks and it left an everlasting impression on my heart.  
Fast Forward to about 6 years ago.  My wonderful husband and I discussed I could become a Falconer if I wanted.  Being a falconer in Tennessee requires some steps to go thru.  You must pass a 100 question test with an 80% or above build a mew (Shelter) for your hawk and then catch one.  You have to catch your first Red Tail out of the wild and it has to be an immature or first year that does not yet have its red tail also you are under a sponsors watchful eye for a two year apprenticeship.  I loved being a falconer and hunting with a hawk.  They never love you but the hunting relationship you grow into is amazing.  I felt I would like to give back to people that love of Birds of Prey that I have and try my hardest to show people that nature is truly amazing.  That is my past


My present is Raptors Roost.  I now am a state and federally licensed Raptor Educator.  What does that mean you might ask.  It just means that I have the background to educate the public at large on Birds of Prey.  I currently have three Birds of Prey in my care.  All raptors in my care are non releaseable into the wild.  They all have stories and they are all survivors.  I will care for each bird I take in until they haved passed on.  My wonderful Husband has built mews for each.  He loves to build and create thankfully!!!  This is my husband and my son digging holes for our newest raptor of the Roost.  We are currently working on getting our federal and state permits for a Turkey Vulture named Uncle Fester you will hear more about him in the future!!  
Thank you taking time and checking at the Roost hope it was entertertaining!!   Next time you will hear about our resident Red Tail Hawk!



No comments:

Post a Comment